Friday, March 12, 2010

Let's do lunch






















**If you haven't entered yet for my blog candy please see the post below this one to leave a comment and win!**
Today I am back with my second sneak peek using a Cindy and Mindy image. I have used 'Let's do lunch' which comes with the saying 'Let's do lunch' (tee hee obviously eh..hee hee) and a second image 'You're So Sweet' which is the one I used on my card today. I coloured these cuties up with my copics and used papers from Imaginisce and American Crafts. I added some crystals but other than that I wanted the cool paper to show through.

I had a request to share the trick I learned from Kimmie yesterday- shading with the nestabilities. This one's for you Jenn J. First cut and emboss the image with your nestie I then took the image leaving my nestie still in place and started rubbing pigment ink around the inside rim of the nestie. I have some fingertip sponges and you dab it in the ink then sponge some of it off on scrap paper. Starting on the inner rim using small circles and swipes start moving the ink around keeping the darker part of the ink to the rim and as my sponge has less ink as I moved it along the edge I would then start moving it towards the image so it would have the faded look. Does that make sense? I may try to make a video. An important tip is to hold your nestie in place firmly. I actually taped my in place wrapping tape from the front of my nestie to the back of my image. Phew...I'm exhausted again just typing it out.

While I rest and have another cup of tea why not go to the challenge blog and click on all the links to see what the other Krafty girls have crafted up for their sneak peeks today. Have a great day!

10 comments:

☼ Cheryl* said...

Thats so cute! I really like the shading around the image and the dp is lovely.

Maureen said...

Gorgeous card Andrea...I love it...and thanks for the tip re 'shading with Nestabilities'.

Wilfreda said...

Such a cute card.

Jenn Joncas said...

Thanks Andrea!!! Sorry for tiring out your hand (: I have a week to play (with March Break being here, gotta love being a teacher!) so I want to give it a try!!

Great card once again Andrea!

Jenn (:

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome card. I just love all the details and your coloring rocks. Love how you shaded the image and thanks for the tip on how to do it.

Melanie said...

Andrea, I love this!! This image is so cute. That paper with the cupcakes was made for this...just perfect! Love the bling too.

Tracey said...

So adorable! This is such a sweet image and card Andrea!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Great shading! You're welcome for the lessons....heehee!

Nana Diana said...

This is so sweet Andrea, the 'cupcake' paper is so perfect and I love how you coloured the image.

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh! This is the CUTEST!!!! Love love love what you did here Andi!

Vicki