Saturday, June 5, 2010

Let's get cardmaking old skool style

This week's challenge for Kraftin' Kimmie stamps is to use triangles on your card. Whenever I use triangles I always think back to my first excursions into scrapbooking way before cardmaking when all I knew was Creative Memories scrapbooking style. I was all about the triangles and paper strips. Anyone else have those memories too? Yep all about the triangles overlapping each other and stickers all over the place. I still have my old pages while I know others have redone theirs as it reminds me of my first attempts. Boy oh boy did I think I was incredible at it too! Sometimes my triangles overlapped and I felt so cutting edge hee hee!

I used the Shout Out image from the Cindy and Mindy line and inside it says I'm gonna shout it out loud...Happy Birthday! I used 2 triangles on my card and kept it pretty simple. I made it for my youngest DD to take to a birthday party but I  think I will remove the pins first- the parent's may not appreciate it lolz!

To play along with us and our sweet stampin mama Diana's challenge click here to go to the challenge blog and read all the deets! I hope you have a fabulous Saturday!

6 comments:

Lori said...

You are too funny!! My first layouts were like that too!! Great card! :)

Jenn Joncas said...

It's fun to see how far you've come when you look back at where you started eh!? Great card Andrea!!

Danni said...

What a fun card!! Such a fun and cute image!

Kelly Schelske said...

Cheeky for sure, love it Andrea!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Andrea! love your card!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Love those papers and colours! Cindy and Mindy look adorable!