Monday, November 8, 2010

Colouring snowmen with Copics and Whipper Snapper stamps


Happy Monday! I wanted to share with you today two cards I made where I used different copic colours to shade my snowmen. I have been asked what colours to use so I hope this helps.

The first card is using Winter Snowman from Whipper Snapper stamps which as you may know from reading my blog is one of my top 3 favourite stamp companies. If you like to colour like I do then these stamps are a match made in heaven. Everyone should own some! Trust me! :) On this card I used BG's (blue greens) to give the snow a cool blue undertone. I only used 2 colours- BG0000 and BG10. Oh and my blender pen. I used BG10 to draw a thin line in the areas I wanted to show dimension and then went over the area in thicker lines with the BG0000. I then used my blender pen about halfway into my coloured area and just did a few swooshing sweeps towards the centre of the image to have the colour gradually fade to just white.


This card is using Jingle-balls and I used C's (cool greys) to add my shading. I used C00, C1 and C3. I followed the same process as above. I added a very thin line of C3, then colouring overtop of that line and a little farther out with C1 and then going over both of those colours with C00. Again I used my blender pen to pull the grey to the centre of the image to help it gradually fade. Please note when you first colour it you may be unhappy with it and think it's too dark. Just set it aside and let it dry for a bit before you play with it anymore. I found after the paper dried it lightened up quite a bit and made it not look too harsh.  

I hope you like my cards and that I helped you with your winter cards and your colouring of that tricky white stuff. Have a great day everyone! Cheers- Andrea xoxo

4 comments:

Christiana said...

Thanks so much for the tips! They'll sure come in handy as I start to make my Christmas cards.

I LOVE Whipper Snapper designs. Your cards came out so sweet!

Jenn Joncas said...

They are both sooooooo cute!! I love the Whipper Snapper images (: Thanks for the tips for colouring in the snowmen, I`m never sure where to put the colour??

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

Thanks so much for the link! I'm copic-impaired so these tips are awesome! -- Kim Kesti

Knerten said...

Great cards, Andrea. I like the jingle bAlls; new twist :-)
Have a nice day still.