Saturday, September 17, 2011

Card for a Quinceañera....

Today is my day to post over at the SGD blog and I wanted to share the card I made for the Quinceañera my oldest attended last Saturday for one of her friends. This is a very special birthday party as it is typically held by Latin American families when their daughter turns 15 to celebrate her leaving her childhood behind and beginning the next phase of her life as a woman.

It is a formal celebration so my daughter got to dress up in her 'fancy' clothes and wear heels. I wanted to make her a fancy shiny card to match her dress and after being inspired by Anja's card on the SGD blog a few week's ago I got busy.

I used the Butterfly kisses embossing folder by Craft Concepts and blinged up the butterflies on the top half of her card to symbolize her entering her womanhood. I hope she liked it!

I hope she liked the card and I am glad I remembered to take a picture of it before it was given away lol!!

Have a crafty day! Andi

1 comment:

KimberleyG said...

Very nice. I love the symbolism.