Saturday, October 15, 2011

La Blanche stamped card



Hello!! I just wanted to share with you my post today over at the SGD blog using La Blanche stamps and coloured using the technique shown in the video. I hope you enjoy it and have a wonderful day!

Andrea here on this Saturday morning with the second card you can make with the Oct card kit. Today's card uses some of Prima's gorgeous Printery papers...I have some 12x12 in my stash along with the 6x6 pack..love the vintage look. Again this card uses a La Blanche stamp and in this month's card kit you will have received 3 pieces of the La Blanche specialty paper to try out the technique seen in the video above. On my card I stopped after the distress inks and didn't use the Ultra Thick Embossing Powder (UTEE) but it does add a really nice effect. 

I share this often on my personal blog about my love of mice stamps. Not real ones...just stamps or cute mice stuffed animals so this stamp was one I had been eyeing for awhile. I coloured it up with my distress inks and a one of my Fantastix colouring tools. After he was coloured I spritzed water onto my image using my mini mister and then blotted it with a paper towel before turning my heat gun on it to really set it. Once I had that done I put it together and as a finishing touch I spritzed it with some shimmer spray in the handy portable tubes that are included in this month's kit. I am not sure if you can make it out in the picture but it has an amazing sparkle to it! I am not sure if vintage cards are supposed to sparkle but they sure do in my world hee hee!!!!

I have to share that my hubby actually really liked this card as well and even took the time to compliment it without me asking first. Actually what he said was "Oh cool, I really like your Rat card". snicker!!! Of course I corrected him and told him it is a mouse actually and he just smirked. Boys!!!

I  hope you get some crafty time in today and if you want to grab one of this month's kit you may want to act fast as very few were made this month outside of the club members. 

Cheers! Andrea

2 comments:

Glennis F said...

Great tutorial - looks so easy!

Renkata said...

Amazing tutorial.