Monday, December 12, 2011

Magnolia- Yoga Tilda- challenge card and who wants to win a Cricut Mini, Kindle, gift cards and digi stamps??


I am actually posting a Magnolia card for the first time in years! My stamping Bff Sarah has got me into the same stamps I swore I never needed to own. I think I have 12 of them now in a very short period of time. I have to wonder why I ever bother deciding I am not getting into something when all it means is I fall head over heels at some point lol!

Here are the current CMC challenge deets- I would play along with this incredible challenge that Suzanne has put together to raise money for such a wonderful cause! See below:

NEW CHALLENGE #33 will run until January 5th!
SO THIS RUNS FOR 1 MONTH!


Your challenge this time is all about

** HOLIDAY JOY--in Golds. Creams & Whites**
Show your holiday joy with sparkling colors of GOLD, CREAM & WHITE!

(yes you can use some other colors like hair/skin/etc but the majority of colors should be Gold, Cream & Whites)

For this Challenge we have LOTS OF PRIZES!!
AND A WAY TO DONATE TO A WONDERFUL CHARITY!!

WHAT YOU CAN WIN:

-1 person will win a NEW Provocraft CRICUT MINI machine
-1 person will win a NEW KINDLE E-READER
-1 person will win a $50 Gift Cert. to SCACD
-1 person will win a $25 Gift Cert. to the Paper Temptress
-1 person will win 5 digis from Tiffany Doodles and a $15 Gift Cert to 7 Kids College Fund and a Gilli Gift Bag

HOW TO PLAY:

4 different ways to enter
-Enter up to (2) TWO projects into the link system below by Jan. 5th
-Enter (1) one project into the BookEndz Challenge
-Donate a $3-5 donation to the Charity below for 1 entry
-Donate anything over $10 to the Charity and get 2 entries

OUR CHARITY:
Reading is Fundamental is the charity I have chosen to sponsor this season. As you all know I am an avid reader and it amongst my very favorite things to do in my spare time. I truly believe that literacy and reading opens up many doors in life for everyone. Not only can you find joy in books but it opens your eyes to other cultures, places and people that is so worthwhile. And just the fact that a huge part of life involves being able to read--to get through school, get a great job and navigate through life. For me teaching children to read early on in life is a MUST yet so many children are not provided with the basic materials to learn to read. So this charity is a non-profit that provides books to children and opportunities to bring literacy into areas that need it!


I am also entering my Tilda in the following challenges:

I am really happy with how my Tilda turned out. I have to admit I put off creating for this challenge for awhile as I had no idea how to pull it off and it turned out to be soooo much easier than I had thought! I used the following colours:

Skin- E0000, E000, E00, E11, R01, R20
Hair- YR20, YR21, YR23 and E35 over the YR23 area then more of the yellow over top of the brown just to deepen it up. Thank you Sarah for that suggestion!
Yoga Pants- E50, E51, E53
Shirt- E40, E41
Ground-W1, W3, W5

I hope you get a chance to play along with some of these challenges too!

Cheers, Andrea





8 comments:

Christine said...

What a beautiful card, Andrea! Fantastic colouring. Congrats on your win at Touch Twin, by the way!

Cor* said...

I'm with you. "nope I don't need these stamps. Nope I don't want them" Pttfpt!! YA RIGHT! You have done an amazing job with this Yoga girl! I don't have her! Perhaps I need her now! LOL Great flower arrangement following that fabby photo inspiration! Thanks for playing with us at the Sketchy Challenges this week! Good luck.

Unknown said...

Oh Andrea!!! You are such bad news for me! you create then I need to emulate and then I buy! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

Brook said...

Cute card Andi. I've given up on giving up on things (especially craft related things) as I know I'll always come back to them. Wonderful job on your Magnolia image and I love the flowers that you added.

annes paperfun said...

Love your card!
And your doily is beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week.
Hugs Anne Kristine

Digi Darla said...

Wow whay a lovely design, very gorgeous... amazing!!!


Thanks that you shared please visit my challenge blog...
xxxDigidarlaxxx

Digidarla.com

Renkata said...

Such a beauty.

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just gorgeous - so glad you found your doily to add - it creates a fabulous softness perfect for meditating anf yoga - LOL
Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx