Saturday, April 14, 2012

Crazy 4 Challenges is asking you to Button up!


See this vintage distressy card in all it's frou frou-ness...it was all designed around that pearl button in the top left corner. Yep. That's how I roll. 

Okay..it may have also had to do with the new scrumptious paper from Prima that features vintage fairy ballerinas...maybe. It is soo new at SGD that when I went to link it up it isn't even showing online yet. Lots in the store though...unless I need to go back and buy it all. And I am considering it...would that be rude? hee hee

So back to the beginning..this card all came about because of a button and some pretty paper. The button because this week's challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges is to add buttons to your project. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! I have been hoarding this oyster pearl button for about a year. I bought it as part of a set of Tessa Ann Designs on Etsy and a button challenge is a good reason to let go of the ones you have hoarded me thinks. 

After ripping apart my craft room to find what would best compliment my much loved button I found the paper I am nuts over currently. NUTS!!! So with a design as pretty as this you need to let the paper show through. But I still needed a stamp and I went with the VERY FIRST UNITY STAMP I EVER BOUGHT.  Considering I own close to a thousand of their stamps now this one holds mucho sentimental value :). Nothing like a nice big quote stamp to make this girl happy.   Add a frou frou feather, some twine and a shiny ribbon and voila! Done! I had to walk away and resist the urge to add more pretties like rhinestones, pearls, etc. 

So what can you create around a button for inspiration? Doesn't have to be just one as seen by the rocking cards by the Crazies for this challenge. Love!!!! Seriously- check out the bird out of a button card...brilliant!! So click here to go to the C4C challenge site and button your creation up to play along with us!

Cheers, Andi

2 comments:

Barbara said...

This is beautiful, Andrea!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a vintage beauty...and I can see where that button and that fabulous dp could control the creative process....wow