Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gilli White and one other colour challenge


I'm back again today with a card featuring Lady Gilli for the current challenge over at the House of Gilli blog! Our current challenge is to use white and only one other colour on your card. Thankfully we are also allowed to use our skin and hair colours as usual but other than that it must be white and one colour- in my case pink!

I actually coloured Lady Gilli in fully but I wasn't fond of how I coloured the pleats in her dress. I really liked everything else though and I was bummed at the thought of throwing it out and starting over. After a few minutes of sulking (hee hee) I got the idea to just frame her face and make her into a portrait. I think it turned out great and I got to keep the part of the image I really liked my  colouring on. Keep that in mind next time you make a booboo on your card too. Maybe you can salvage part of the image like I did today and take your card into a whole other direction. 

I then wanted the card base to really stand out so I used a Baroque embossing folder to make my white card base pop! I added a frame behind Lady Gilli and decorated it with crystals as I would imagine a ritzy frame would look like on her dresser lol. Some butterflies and a bow finished it off. Voila!

To play along with us at H.O.G. click here to be taken to the challenge blog where you can also see more lovely inspiration from my fellow DT members. 

Cheers! Andrea

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Very pretty. Love the embossing and the butterflies.



Be blessed, Beckie

littlemissandrea said...

Hi Andrea! Just wanted to say thank you for your kind words over at my blog the other day - your cards are absolutely amazing! They are adorable and you are so, so talented. I love all the details you put into this card!