Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Playing with copics and skin tones


Time for another Gilli stamps challenge and this one is an easy one for me..Flowers. I tend to use flowers on most of my cards and I own large buckets upon buckets of paper flowers that are just begging to be used.

On this card I tried something different. I am working on one of Suzanne Dean's copic classes at her copic site- Color Me Creative- and in class five we do Hispanic skin tones. This site is filled with classes you can take, lots of fun groups to join and just in general some awesome people to chat with. Back to my colouring of skin tones her class inspired me to do some internet searches for other colour combos for skin tones. I mean- we are all different- why keep using the same copic colours :) 

This is my first attempt outside of my standard colour combinations and while it still needs more work and practice I think it turned out okay. I really enjoyed breaking my routine and thinking of all my friends of different ethnic backgrounds and how much nicer it would be to give them a card with a girl coloured more to match their own skin tones. I am going to keep practicing and have fun trying new colour combos! 

To highlight my sassy Lady Gilli I added a big flower to set a festive air to the card. I then matched my papers to her dress and shoes and of course added some sparkle too. Lady Gilli always needs to sparkle! hee hee. 

I hope you play along with us over at House of Gilli and add flowers to your creations too!

Cheers, Andrea

1 comment:

Tami G said...

so beautiful.. I LOVE the colors...