Tuesday, July 3, 2012


Andrea here to show you a fun, quick and easy way to give a fur look to your copic creations! 

I am using "Sitting Party Buddy" for my sample today. What a cutie!

Supplies you will need:
Copic paper- I use Xpress-It
Copics
Memento ink in Tuxedo black
Copic blending solution
washcloth

First I colour the image and I do it quickly by adding all my layers of colour at once before blending. With this technique I am not too worried about any lines showing. Makes it even faster. 

Here is the image coloured. Notice I haven't coloured any area outside of the fur. I left them uncoloured as I am using blender solution and I don't want it to accidentally bleach out an area that I don't want that effect on. 


Now I grab my Copic Blender Solution and my washcloth. I am using a washcloth because I want a 'nubby' fabric. 


Okay, time to dampen my cloth - not saturate- and start dabbing...


I did the body..now time for the face. You can already see the blender solution starting to work its magic on the bottom half of the bear. 


And here he is! Look at how soft and nubby his fur looks! I finished colouring the rest of the image to get him ready to use on my next High Hopes Creation! 


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and give it a try yourself. See how fun and easy it is!

Don't forget to play along with our current challenge- Use Orange and Green- maybe you have a fuzzy wuzzy High Hopes stamp you can use!

Have a Crafty Day...Andrea

4 comments:

Tanya S said...

Awesome hun!!TFS

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, the texture on your wee bear is fantastic!

Unknown said...

Only one of your tutorials would give me the urge to take out my Copics and try this! First I need to order the solution! Great work Andrea!

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is so cool, I am going to have to try it!!