Saturday, July 7, 2012

Crazy 4 Challenges- Flag inspiration


Today's challenge with us Crazies is to use the colours in your Country's flag as inspiration. As a proud Canadian I am all too happy to wave my red & white pride!

I used 2 Donna Downey stamp sets released by Unity called "Imagine it" and "Create Today" that I have owned for a few years. I just love the large flower images and quotes. I have to admit I took some creative license with the pink flowers...but pink is just a lighter red ;). I put my red glitter heart close to the centre of the card to mimic our red maple leaf. Additionally I thought this quote from the set spoke volumes about what life can be like in Canada. We are lucky that in this wonderful land of ours that our dreams are within reach if you work hard enough and keep believing. I AM CANADIAN!

How does your flag inspire you? We would love to see your creations! Hop over here to see more flag inspired creations and how you can link up your project with ours. 

Cheers! Andrea

4 comments:

KelliJo said...

Love the card but i TOTALLY love the pride in your write up!!!!

StampOwl said...

love this

Victoria H. said...

How pretty! Love the flowers and the inspirational quote with such a beautiful heart...fantastic combo!

Joanne (jojot) said...

great quote.....CAS and yet so moving